Is your company employing staff abroad? Have expatriates been assigned to work in Belgium? Did you hire a foreign national to work in Belgium or in another country?
Your HR department will soon be facing the challenges of dealing with cross border employment issues, including taxation, social security and employment law. Appropriate training may be helpful for your HR professionals to help them to better understand these matters and to be able to effectively deal with them.
When looking around, one notes that trainings on topics relating to international employment typically have the following weaknesses:
- the training location is not suitable or is even abroad
- the cost of the training program is excessive
- the training dates are inconvenient
- the topics, which are covered, do not sufficiently meet your needs
- the training is either too technical or too superficial
- the training is more of a commercial show of a service provider
Now, all of these issues can be resolved by making use of the ‘in company’ training program of ICHIBAN Consult. The trainer simply comes to your company, at reasonable cost, to teach those subjects which are of particular interest to you. Presentation materials and extensive written course materials are available both in Dutch and in English.
The training is given in one or more half day blocks, can be attended by those staff members selected by you and may cover those topics in the following areas, which are of particular interest to your organisation:
- International tax treaties and employment income
- Taxation of expatriates (including the special tax regime – tax circular of 1983)
- Principles of cross-border social security
- Principles of cross-border employment law
More information about the program is available at ICHIBAN Consult (contact information can be found on the website www.ichibanconsult.be).