tax return can be filed by an accountant or tax specialist on behalf of a
taxpayer. The specialist can also represent you for many matters towards the
Belgian tax authorities. This can only be done if a valid proxy has been provided
by the tax payer.
always personal. Consequently, for married persons or legal co-habitants, both
partners always have to provide their personal proxy (even if one of the
partners has no income).
proxies are very helpful, but often the consultant will still request paper
proxies. Fortunately, a scan of such a signed proxy is accepted by the
authorities so they are very easy to set up.
can only be used if a copy of your identity document and/or passport is added
to the proxy (for married persons or legal co-habitants, documents for both are
example, we use paper proxies for:
– requesting tax returns to be filed on
– to file tax returns after the normal
deadlines have elapsed
– to make corrections if small errors
took place with the tax authorities
– to answer to questions from the
– to contact the authorities for any
questions on the tax file
– to follow up the process of payments
or refunds of taxes
– to start tax proceedings against
wrong tax assessments
– to request the special tax status for
foreign executives or researchers
ICHIBAN Consult can provide you with the appropriate template to set up the proxy, needed by us to properly represent you towards the tax authorities.